Using Your Mat
How to Use your Acupressure Mat
Follow these simple instructions to get the maximum benefit out of your new Heavenly Acupressure Mat:
- Place your acupressure mat on a flat surface, such as a bed, couch, or floor.
- Lie carefully on your back with your skin in direct contact with the contact points for the best results (a thin sheet may be used initially to help you get used to the sensation).
- A rolled-up towel or pillow may be placed under the neck for added comfort.
- Try to lie still, breathing slowly and evenly.
- Some minor discomfort can be expected for the first few minutes of your first few uses, after 3-5 minutes your body should begin to feel warm and tingly. Try to stay on for at least 10 minutes the first few times.
- Once your body has accustomed to using the mat for 10 minutes at a time, slowly increase your time on the acupressure mat by 5 minutes per use, until you reach the ideal time of 30-40 minutes.
- Using the acupressure mat for longer periods is perfectly safe; you may even fall asleep on it! If you do fall asleep on the mat, simply remove it when you wake.
After using your Heavenly Acupressure Mat it is recommended that you drink water to help your body safely remove toxins that may have been release during your session.
When your body has become accustomed to the acupressure mat you can begin to introduce the mat to other parts of the body – such as your stomach, hips and thighs, lower back, and face. See our basic positions section for instruction on using the mat to target your whole body.